[mapserver-users] Kml To mapserver

alok mathur mathuralok.88 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 07:04:26 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have a kml as an data for mapserver. In that kml there is one folder with
multile point placemarks. I want to create a map file for this kml data.

Each point should represent single layer in map file.

Sample KML.
---------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.1">

 <Folder>
 <Placemark>
<name>P1</name>
<description>ObjectId: 1120</description>
<Point>
<tessellate>1</tessellate>
<altitudeMode>relativeToGround</altitudeMode>
<coordinates>
-70.563856,42.288663,0
</coordinates>
</Point>
</Placemark>

<Placemark>
<name>P2</name>
<description>ObjectId: 1120</description>
<Point>
<tessellate>1</tessellate>
<altitudeMode>relativeToGround</altitudeMode>
<coordinates>
-71.563856,42.288663,1
</coordinates>
</Point>
</Placemark>
<Placemark>
<name>P3</name>
<description>ObjectId: 1120</description>
<Point>
<tessellate>1</tessellate>
<altitudeMode>relativeToGround</altitudeMode>
<coordinates>
-71.563856,42.288663,1
</coordinates>
</Point>