[mapserver-users] Ubuntu Trusty, MapServer 6.4.1, Gdal 1.11

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Sat Apr 11 03:21:09 PDT 2015

Hi,

About how to test I have only one advice: Do it systematically.

Being systematically means building something pretty simple that works first and add new stuff one and only one step at a time. Somehow like:

Problem is that ECW layer through tileindex does not work.

1.)    Does it work with one ECW? It did not, you fixed the build and gdalinfo is OK now but did you also test that MapServer is now OK with one ECW?

2.)    If it is working with ECW then good.  If it is not, make an additional test by converting one  ECW into GeoTIFF and test your layer with it. If it is OK there is still something wrong with ECW support. If GeoTIFF does not work there is something else wrong and you must fix it before you can even know if the issue has to do with ECW at all.

3.)     If one GeoTIFF and one ECW is OK then perhaps something is wrong with the tileindex. Make a new tileindex that contains a) only that one GeoTIFF you created in step 2 b) the same for the one original ECW. Do they work?

Test with the file /home/mapas/dados/raster/ortos2012/006003Argb_12_d73.ecw. Does it exist? Is it empty? Can’t it be accessed due to wrong path or missing rights?

(): Unable to access file. Corrupt, empty or missing file '/home/mapas/dados/raster/ortos2012/006003Argb_12_d73.ecw' for layer 'ortos2012'.

As a general rule, add DEBUG 5 into your layer when debugging, and I suggest to add always PROJECTION blocks into MAP and LAYER level.

-Jukka Rahkonen-