[mapserver-users] [Mac OS X] Impossible to load MapScript module with PHP

Ben Madin ben at ausvet.com.au
Fri Dec 11 01:33:52 PST 2015

Um, you are correct, the extension has not been compiled to work with the
same version of php as you are trying to use.

I can only suggest that you get your php from the same source as your
mapscript... (I guess homebrew, but my success there has been limited and
conflicted) or compile php yourself, them mapserver with the php-mapscript
option set.

You may be up for some pain...! You could also try kyngchaos.com, but I'm
not sure if he is still providing a php suitable for what you want.

On 10 December 2015 at 17:28, Leonard <dumont.leonard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone !
>
> I am a new user trying to use mapserver, and I have some problems... One of
> them is that I cannot load the php_mapscript extension. I have PHP 5.6.11
> installed with  php-osx.liip.ch <http://php-osx.liip.ch>   and mapscript
> 6.4
> installed with Homebrew, and there seems to be a conflict, since when I run
> php I get this warning :
>
> Warning: PHP Startup: MapScript: Unable to initialize module
> Module compiled with module API=20100525
> PHP    compiled with module API=20131226
> These options need to match
>
> I added this line to my php.ini file :
>
> extension="/usr/local/opt/mapserver-64/mapscript/php/php_mapscript.so"
>
> Thanks for your help !
>
> LĂ©onard Dumont.
>

> --

Ben Madin