[mapserver-users] RE GetFeatureInfo on an WFS-Client-Layer

Jörg Thomsen jt at mapmedia.de
Tue Jun 2 05:51:29 PDT 2015

Hello  Steve,

Am 02.06.2015 um 14:08 schrieb Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca:
> GetFeatureInfo is a WMS request, not WFS.
> More details would help, to help..

>> I am confused, does GetFeatureInfo on an WFS-Client-Layer work?
>> The Capablites say the layer ist queryable, but the request-answer ist
>> 'no object fond'.

you are right. But my problem is a WFS-*client* Layer: My datasource is
a WFS and I want to provide a WMS. GetMap works on that wms-Layer, but
not GetFeatureInfo. GetFeatureInfo is enabled, but the answer is always
'no object found'.

I would like to know if this generally should work, because I think
mapserver only requests the gml temporarily to render the map and then
there is no geodata for answering a later featureinfo-request.

I tested with 6.4

Jörg