[mapserver-users] How to enable GetFeatureInfo in MS4w 3.0.6 ?

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Tue Jun 9 12:36:55 PDT 2015

Got it!
Thanks Jeff!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff McKenna [mailto:jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2015 2:26 PM
To: mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [mapserver-users] How to enable GetFeatureInfo in MS4w 3.0.6 ?

On 2015-06-09 2:37 PM, Bistrais, Bob wrote:
> I can't seem to find the answer to this one.  I have a number of WMS
> layers which I would like to enable GetFeatureInfo.  I am using MS4W
> 3.0.6.  I can't seem to get the GetFeatureInfo to work.  Can somebody
> point me to a reference?

I always follow the WMS Server document, when I configure a mapfile for GetFeatureInfo (see the section "Configuring for GetFeatureInfo Requests" at http://www.mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html).  I check it often for syntax.

Key points as noted there, are:

  - set your WEB METADATA parameter of "wms_feature_info_mime_type"
(likely to "text/plain")
  - in the LAYER METADATA specify the fields to expose through "gml_include_items"
  - set DUMP TRUE inside the layer
  - set CLASS TEMPLATE (likely to something like "dummy.html")

If I missed something it's likely inside that document.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/