[mapserver-users] Getcapabilities extremely slow in version 6.4.1

aabhayas A.Abhayasinghe at bom.gov.au
Tue Mar 3 15:06:52 PST 2015

Hi

Following up on my previous post we still want to use “OWS_LAYER_GROUP” in
our map files. We have large number of layers in our map file ( nearly 800).

Currently we are in the process of migrating our MapServer 5.4.2 environment
in to MapServer 6.4.1.

In MapServer 6.4.1 GetCapabilities request takes more than 1 minute compared
5 second in version 5.4.2. This makes the new environment unusable by our
clients.

Is there a possibility where someone in the MapServer development team looks
in to this and fix this issue.

Thanks