[mapserver-users] box query point data

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Mar 12 12:26:12 PDT 2015

Hi,

If you want to stay with OGC services, WMS GetFeatureInfo takes only a point as an input geometry. You can enlarge it to circle by using a bigger TOLERANCE setting in a mapfile (remember also to increase FEATURE_COUNT from the default which is one). For making queries from inside a box you should configure Mapserver to act also as a WFS server when you can do simple BBOX queries or advanced Intersects queries by using all sort of geometries as a reference geometry.

Mapserver has also its own query systems which I do not have any experience at all http://www.mapserver.org/mapscript/querying.html

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Weisbender, Eric wrote:

> Hello List,

> I have a map file with an output projection of utm13.  When I define a point layer that is in wgs84 it will only query one point at a time with a single click.  When I try to query multiple points with a box query it returns nothing.  I can't find any documentation that even resembles this issue so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Eric