[mapserver-users] URL redirection under IIS

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Fri May 1 20:33:14 PDT 2015

There is some useful info in
http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html#online-resource-wms especially the
MS_MAPFILE environment varaible. You have to reboot Windows to get IIS to
read the environment, which isn't too handy. And you don't need the '.exe'.
So I think you could pretty easily get it down to
http://servername/mapserver/mapserv
<http://servername/mapserver/mapserv.exe?map=c> if you only need one
mapfile. I'm not much of an IIS guy so others may have better answers.

Rich

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 1:05 PM, EVANS, JAMES R GS-13 USAF ACC 84 RADES/SCZE
<james.evans.4 at us.af.mil> wrote:

> Hi,
> It's been a long time since I set up a mapserver, and I can't find my
> documentation on how to have the server answer up to a shortened URL.  I
> would like it to respond to:
>
> http://servername/radeswms.exe&
>
> Instead of:
>
> http://servername/mapserver/mapserv.exe?map=c:\mapdata\servmap.map&
>
> Can someone remind me how to configure that using URL redirection?  I'm on
> Server  2008 and IIS 7.
> Thanks,
> James

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS