[mapserver-users] [EXTERNAL] Re: Mapserver 7+oracle - wfs getFeature with filter on numeric field

Gertjan van Oosten gertjan at West.NL
Thu May 28 05:59:27 PDT 2015

As quoted from "Smith, Michael ERDC-RDE-CRREL-NH" <Michael.Smith at erdc.dren.mil>:
> Its also unclear to me if XML / WFS allows other characters as a decimal
> character. I've yet to find any xsd or guide docs that indicate one way or the
> other.

Easiest to read is from RELAX NG:

  http://books.xmlschemata.org/relaxng/ch19-77095.html

  "Restrictions
  The decimal separator is always a point (.), and no thousands separator may be added."

For the gory details, see:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/#nt-floatRep

So if the WFS request contains a comma (,) as decimal separator, that's wrong.

Cheers,
--
-- Gertjan van Oosten, Principal Consultant, West Consulting B.V.
-- gertjan at West.NL     +31 15 2191 600       www.west.nl