[mapserver-users] create wms service with mapserver

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon Nov 23 03:35:22 PST 2015

There is nothing that is obviously wrong in your mapfile. Some suggestions:

-          Add debug 5 into your layer

-          Try to get a map with shp2img

-          Convert data from PostGIS into shapefile and use that as source data.

It seems that you have changed something in between because first you wrote “in the browser when i paste the url "http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c://ms4w/apps/webgis/wms.map&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities"

Now you write that this is the URL
(http://localhost:8085/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?mode=map&map=c://ms4w/apps/webgis/mp/wms.map),

-Jukka Rahkonen-