[mapserver-users] Mapcache - optimum format for orthophotos?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Oct 13 14:37:44 PDT 2015

On 10/13/2015 4:15 PM, Robert Sanson wrote:
> Thanks Thomas. I do not have labels, so would you still recommend
> metatiles for performance reasons? Would you suggest 3 3 or 5 5 for a
> Mapserver WMS backend?
>
> <metatile>3 3</metatile>

Robert,

Regarding labels you can set a metabuffer value in both the mapcache.xml
and the mapfile.

   <tileset name="osm-curvature">
     <source>osm-curvature</source>
     <cache>disk</cache>
     <grid>WGS84</grid>
     <grid>g</grid>
     <format>PNGQ_FAST</format>
     <metatile>5 5</metatile>
     <!-- metabuffer must be the abs() of what is in the mapfile -->
     <metabuffer>20</metabuffer>        <!-- THIS -->
     <expires>3600</expires>
   </tileset>

and in the mapfile:

     WEB
         METADATA
             labelcache_map_edge_buffer "-20"   ## <!-- THIS -->
             "ows_title"     "OSMCurvature"
         END
     END

-Steve W