[mapserver-users] QGIS cannot use some of my mapcache WMTS services

Schweitzer, Peter pschweitzer at usgs.gov
Tue Oct 20 15:11:24 PDT 2015

Help!

I tried to use QGIS (2.10.1-Pisa, on Linux) to read WMTS services that
I make available at http://mrdata.usgs.gov/mapcache/wmts?
QGIS is able to read some of them, and not others, says type of image
is "image/unknown"

In my mapcache.xml, I have image formats specified as

   <format name="PNGQ_FAST" type="PNG">
     <compression>fast</compression>
     <colors>256</colors>
   </format>

   <format name="jpeg" type="JPEG">
     <quality>75</quality>
     <photometric>RGB</photometric>
   </format>

   <format name="mixed" type="MIXED">
     <opaque>jpeg</opaque>
     <transparent>PNGQ_FAST</transparent>
   </format>

and I notice that QGIS can use the tilesets where I have written

<format>PNGQ_FAST</format>

but QGIS cannot use the tilesets where I have written

<format>mixed</format>

Other software doesn't have this difficulty (for example, OpenLayers
and Leaflet).

What harm will this do?
Will I need to erase and re-create the affected tilesets?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Peter
--
Peter N. Schweitzer (U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, VA 20192)
(703) 648-6533  email: pschweitzer at usgs.gov
http://geology.usgs.gov/peter/