[mapserver-users] Using different datasets at different scales in the same layer

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 13:13:58 PDT 2015

Hi,

Often we serve huge datasets in our wms services.
To have a faster response, we usually done a secondary hidden layer
with a simplified dataset and
serve both using a group of two layers with complementary scales.

This allow the serve to use the simplified dataset for lower scale and
detailed dataset for higher scales.

But this structure is boring and error prone to configure.

I guess more better should be if possible
have one only layer and declare in it two distinct datasets.
One for lower scale and the other for higher scale.

Is possible to do something like this in mapserver ?

Thx.