[mapserver-users] Question about gml_types - auto and WFS

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Oct 28 08:52:36 PDT 2015

Le mercredi 28 octobre 2015 16:40:34, Rahkonen Jukka (MML) a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I can read from http://mapserver.org/ogc/wfs_server.html:
>
> gml_types (Optional)
> If this field is "auto" then some input feature drivers (ie. OGR, POSTGIS,
> ORACLESPATIAL and native shapefiles) will automatically populate the type,
> width and precision metadata for the layer based on the source file.
> Currently this is only used for OGR based output formats, not the WFS
> GML2/GML3 output.
>
> What does "Currently this is only used for OGR based output formats, not
> the WFS GML2/GML3 output" mean? I can see that the GML schema is changing
> when I add "gml_types" "auto" to the mapfile. So what does not work with
> GML2/GML3 output?

I think the comment can be removed, as it doesn't bring a lot of value and
adds some potential confusion. The type isn't really used by the GML2/GML3
*feature* output as MapServer representation is strings and GML2/GML3 is also.
I think the comment meant that in the case of OGR output, the type is used to
properly instanciate OGR field definitions with the appropriate OGR type.

http://www.spatialys.com