[mapserver-users] seemingly sucessfully compiled mapserver 7.0.1 on ubuntu 14.04 - but NO - gives binary output ?

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Apr 5 00:19:13 PDT 2016

Hi,

I believe that there is something wrong with the configuration of your http server. It does not seem to know that you do not want to download the mapserv binary but make the binary to work for you. If you run Apache I would have a look at “ScriptAlias” in the httpd.conf file and check that the directory where you have placed the mapserv binary is configured to contain applications. This example is from Windows.

# ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server scripts.
    # ScriptAliases are essentially the same as Aliases, except that
    # documents in the target directory are treated as applications and
    # run by the server when requested rather than as documents sent to the
    # client.  The same rules about trailing "/" apply to ScriptAlias
    # directives as to Alias.
    #
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin/"
    ScriptAlias /fcgi-bin/ "/ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin/"

-Jukka Rahkonen-

karsten wrote:

Hi All,

I just seemingly sucessfully compiled mapserver 7.0.1 on Ubuntu 14.04 and can getv the follwoing output  from the executable:
/usr/lib/cgi-bin# ./mapserv -v
MapServer version 7.0.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
Howvere when I try to get a get aresponse to a request e.g. 136.243.250.62/cgi-bin/mapserv
or aslo when I try a getcapabiliteis request like
http://136.243.250.62/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/mapdata/ccrp/mapfiles/fingermillet2.map&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=getCapabilities&SERVICE=wms
I always get a 'binary file back' output like below the line . Would anybody know what could have gone wrong or where to start figuring this out ?

Cheers
Karsten

Karsten Vennemann
Terra GIS LTD