[mapserver-users] MS SQL server - OGR 5 times slower compared to Mapserver plugin?

Seth G geographika at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 01:02:20 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'd be interested in your experience with this, as I'm considering
migrating to a Linux server from Windows, but could then no longer use
the MapServer SQLServer driver.

What does your connection string look like? There are options for
GeometryFormat - and using wkt has a significant overhead -
http://www.gdal.org/drv_mssqlspatial.html
However the default is "native" so should not be an issue unless you
overrode it.

Did you run the SQL Server profiler to see if the generated SQL looks
any different using the OGR driver from the MapServer one?

Seth