[mapserver-users] WFS layer - XML/JSON safe chars

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Apr 14 15:10:25 PDT 2016

Hi,

You can’t have & in feature type names or attribute names in WFS because they are defined in the XML schema to be “QName”. The prefix and LocalPart are of type NCName https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QName and from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1631396/what-is-an-xsncname-type-and-when-should-it-be-used

The practical restrictions of NCName are that it cannot contain several symbol characters like :, @, $, %, &, /, +, ,, ;, whitespace characters or different parenthesis. Furthermore an NCName cannot begin with a number, dot or minus character although they can appear later in an NCName.

-Jukka Rahkonen-