[mapserver-users] How is working TEMPLATE fooOnlyForWMSGetFeatureInfo ?

Jean-Christophe Bastin jcbastin at thelis.be
Thu Aug 11 04:41:13 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I don't find good explanations about the use of TEMPLATE
fooOnlyForWMSGetFeatureInfo in a Mapfile.
In fact, I have a queryable WMS, and when I send a GetFeatureInfo
request, I get the following answer :

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?>
<!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM
"http://www.digitalearth.gov/wmt/xml/exception_1_0_1.dtd">
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.0.1">
<ServiceException>
msReturnPage(): Web application error. Malformed template name
(fooOnlyForWMSGetFeatureInfo).
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

What does that mean ?
I did a research on "TEMPLATE" and "fooOnlyForWMSGetFeatureInfo", but I
don't find how it is used.
I only find Mapfile samples using it, but nothing about what and how it
is used.

Someone can explain me how can I resolve this issue ?

Many thanks !

JCB