[mapserver-users] Trouble with UNC path to shared drive

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Wed Aug 31 13:47:27 PDT 2016

I am trying to create a WMS of imagery.  The images are on a shared, mapped drive.  I know that using Windows mapped drive letters will not work (it's a Windows server with Apache, MS4W 3.0.6).  I can't get the service to recognize the location.  I get error messages for "Corrupt, empty or missing file..."

I've tried several formats:
\\machine_unc_name\share\path\data<file:///\\machine_unc_name\share\path\data>

\machine_unc_name\share\path\data<file:///\\machine_unc_name\share\path\data>

\share\path\data<file:///\\machine_unc_name\share\path\data>

-several variations but none worked.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob