[mapserver-users] WMS layer name with spaces

Carlos Ruiz boolean10001 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 4 10:24:47 PST 2016

I just have read about the problem when calling a WMS layer from a map file which has spaces in the layer's name and I want to help. I already have a local WMS server with Mapserver, I have several layers with spaces in their name, and I have made a .MAP file to test as as a WMS client. It works just fine when the layer name has spaces. However, when I tried to test a layer which has an accent in a vowel it fails.

I suppose that ArcGIS server is not decoding the URL properly (%20 for " ").