[mapserver-users] Rendering of Symbols outside map window

deduikertjes deduikertjes at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 15 23:43:46 PST 2016

 >>>That's something we may want to fix.

If I remember correctly, Mapserver in  tile mode draws a slightly larger
tile and crops that one (something configurable with GUTTER or so). I
wrote my the code in my pull request along the same principle.
Adjusting the query extent when doing whichshapes() and account for the
size of symbols when adjusting  the clipping rectangle once the feature
is obtained might be more efficient?

But maybe this discussion shoud be done in mapserver-dev?

MArco