[mapserver-users] Inconsistance between display and data

jeansomers jean.somers at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 05:15:26 PST 2016

Hi,
I'm one of two base map administrators for a MapServer web-based
application.

We're regularly integrating new base map data, from reception through
quality check to real integration.

A while ago, I noticed a base map inconsistance: the map displayed a railway
following the coast in a small peninsula.

I can tell there is no railway there, I already went to the place. That's
the beginning.

So I asked for a correction from the regional administrator, which delivered
me a new version of the local data.

I checked a last time and discovered that the railway was still on the
MapServer application.

I loaded the original data in QGIS,  applied the usual symbology : no
railway.
I checked the attributes: no railway values in the symbology field.

My colleague suggested it came from an overlapping data: we checked the tile
indexes of neighbouring data; none was overlapping on the railway tracks.

There we are, without a clue about the origin of this inconsistance.

I forgot to mention that we repeatedly deleted application and client caches
inbetween.

So if you have any idea where it can com from, your suggestions are
welcomed.

For your notice, here is the print screen of the issue

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5250812/33236_0001.png>