[mapserver-users] How to make uvraster background transparent?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Jul 13 08:59:44 PDT 2016

Hi All,

I'm trying to use a CONNECTIONTYPE uvraster, andand it works very well,
except I would like the black background to be transparent so I can
overlay it on other data. A typical LAYER definition follows.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
   -Steve W

     LAYER
         NAME "uv1_0"
         GROUP "0"
         TYPE POINT
         STATUS ON
         MINSCALEDENOM 1000000
         CONNECTIONTYPE uvraster
         OFFSITE 0 0 0
         TRANSPARENCY 100
         DATA "/maps/wms/data/HYCOM/HYCOM-currents.tif"
         PROCESSING "BANDS=1,2"
         #PROCESSING "NODATA=10000"
         PROCESSING "NODATA=1.2676506002282e+30"
         PROCESSING "UV_SPACING=15"
         PROCESSING "UV_SIZE_SCALE=15.0"     # factor
         CLASS
             EXPRESSION ([uv_length] > 100)
         END
         CLASS
             EXPRESSION ([uv_length] < 4.5)  # 0.3 * factor
             STYLE
                 SYMBOL "horizline"
                 ANGLE [uv_angle]
                 SIZE [uv_length]