[mapserver-users] Create tile index for a directories with many layers of subfolders

TMa Teng TMa at edrnet.com
Tue Jul 26 12:08:25 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am trying to create tile index for a very big dataset of historic images. I used to be able to create tile index for a directory of images but this dataset has several layers of subfolders in it such as \NY\1968\LOC\1.tif and \NY\1972\UPA\2.tif. The goal is to create one tile index for the whole dataset without change the physical storage. And I am having difficulty using wildcards to make gdaltindex command working. Any suggestions or possible solutions?

Is there a way for gdaltindex function  works like gdalbuildvrt with a parameter(-input_file_list) using a file listing all the image paths?

Thanks in advance,

Martin