[mapserver-users] How to use GDAL S3 drivers in MapServer?

Hari Pradhan starling.lucky at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 08:30:09 PDT 2016

Hi All,

I have GeoTIFF images stored in Amazon S3, and want to access them directly
from MapServer (without copying them to the machine where MapServer is
running) to create a WMS service. I have watched a video by Mark Korver
related to this topic (http://vimeo.com/106833852) in which he uses YAS3FS
that mounts an S3 bucket as a local folder. But, I wonder if we could
access those GeoTIFF from MapServer using GDAL S3 drivers (vsis3 or
vsis3-streaming)?

I tried with a map file having a layer section something like the
following, but no luck :(

 LAYER
    NAME         landsat
    DATA
"/vsis3/landsat-pds/L8/001/003/LC80010032014272LGN00/LC80010032014272LGN00_B1.TIF"
    STATUS       OFF
    TYPE         RASTER
    PROCESSING   "BANDS=1,2,3"
  END

Does anyone have any other ways to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Hari