[mapserver-users] SOS SERVER: how to define in the ".map" the "FeatureOfInterest" attribute

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jun 14 12:31:44 PDT 2016

Hello,

When you asked about SOS server, I took the time today to update the SOS
Server document (http://mapserver.org/ogc/sos_server.html), as it had a
lot of old links.  If you ever notice links or text that needs fixing in
the docs, please file a ticket (https://github.com/mapserver/docs/issues).

In terms of the "FeatureOfInterest" parameter, it is part of a
GetObservation request
(http://mapserver.org/ogc/sos_server.html#getobservation-request), so it
wouldn't be set in the .map file, but instead you (the SOS client, such
as OpenLayers) would include the parameter as part of the GetObservation
request.  You can read more about that FeatureOfInterest parameter on
page 29 of the SOS 1.0.0 specification document (download that from
http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/sos).

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna