[mapserver-users] Rendering of adjacent dashed lines

Ziegler Stefan Stefan.Ziegler at bd.so.ch
Fri Jun 17 03:38:33 PDT 2016

Hi

I'm trying to render some lines with a pattern. This works and looks great as long as the lines are not adjacent. When the lines share a common border the dashed lines may look ugly since one dashed line is rendered on top of the other rendered dashed line. I tried to add a white solid line under the dashed line:

    CLASS
      STYLE
        COLOR 255 255 255
        WIDTH 2
        LINECAP BUTT
      END
      STYLE
        COLOR 0 0 0
        WIDTH 2
        LINECAP BUTT
        PATTERN 20 4 2 4 2 4 END
      END
    END

But the behaviour is still the same. Is there a trick/workaround for this? I'm using MapServer 7.0.1.

Best regards
Stefan Ziegler

Freundliche Grüsse
Stefan Ziegler
Kantonsgeometer / Leiter Amt für Geoinformation

Amt für Geoinformation
Rötistrasse 4
4500 Solothurn

Telefon +41 32 627 75 96