[mapserver-users] Font encoding clarification

Stefanos Anastasiou emperor_stef at yahoo.gr
Thu Jun 23 15:53:37 PDT 2016

Hello list,
  I had this issue some time ago with the encoding in Greek in which whatever encoding I used, either GREEK, ISO-8857-9 or WINDOWS-1253, although the glyphs were located in my FONTSET directory the letters appeared as weird shapes. Well, I don't know if I hacked something   (  :D )  but if I don't use ENCODING and just point out to my ttf fonts (which I downloaded and placed to my FONTSET directory ) it works ...for me at least. I'm using MapServer 7.01.   I just wanted to mention this in case someone else faces the same or... I don't know

Thanks
-Stefanos