[mapserver-users] MapServer7.0 Oracle Query Expression

techy guy techyguy1977 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 05:41:16 PDT 2016

Hi,

I understand from Map Server 7.0, its recommended to use Map Server Native
Expression for Filter & for querying features (i.e using
queryByAttributes().
But in case if you want to stick to the old way of using database specific
native expressions, there is a hook left to add a processing key like
PROCESSING 'NATIVE_FILTER=id=234'
This processing works best when this used as a filter within a map.
1) What about expressions used for invoking queryByAttributes()? . I have
checked that queryByAttributes() takes only map server native expressions
whereas filter & processing key information's are ignored.
2) If we stick to native query expressions for invoking
queryByAttributes(), what is the syntax of map server native expressions in
case of NULL, NOT NULL, LIKE operators for Oracle.

Thanks & Regards,

TechyGuy