[mapserver-users] How to use tiles input

jenia mtl jenia.ivlev at gmail.com
Thu May 19 18:33:54 PDT 2016

Hello.

Finally I subscribed and sent the message to the right group. Fewwww.

Here goes my question:

I have installed Mapserver on my arch machine

Reading the docs, I want to ask a quick question: why is the "tiles"
component (Anatomy of a MapServer App) the input?
Isn't the tiles what this program outputs? Like isn't the output of this
program fed as input to OpenLayers or Leafet for example?

Also, where do I get the tiles? Is it OpenStreetMaps?

And finally, can the tiles be something I draw myself? And how do I
organized them? For example, I might want to have 100 tiles that represent
the earth at resolution 10. How do I name or generally organize the 100
tiles so that when I ask for the tile "POINT (73.45 45.00)" for example, it
gets the correct file and so on?

Thanks in advance.