[mapserver-users] WMS MapServer

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue May 31 21:22:57 PDT 2016

Hi,

Usually blank images without error mean that there are no data within the BBOX. Check the coverage of your data and that you have projections right.

It would be very interesting to know afterwards all the steps you have followed with your Mapserver setup. I believe that you have spent considerable much time with it and that means that the Mapserver documentation may not be good enough.

You wrote once that you had problems with path

E:\rcis\web\MapServerDlls\uildselease-1800-x64inprojSHARE\proj_def.dat. Does it mean that you have built Mapserver by yourself on Windows?

 -Jukka Rahkonen-

Vogt, Robert wrote:

Good afternoon all,

Still working on getting MapServer up and running...

I am getting blank tiles back with a status of 200 in chrome.
I enabled DEBUG 4 in my .map file and designated an "MS_ERRORFILE", when I request the page an error test document is created...
However it is blank...does this mean there were no error's?

If so what is a reasonable next step to take to debug blank tiles?

-BobV