[mapserver-users] arcgis 10.3 enterprise geodatabase

Wingfield, Nathaniel D nw at dcp.ufl.edu
Tue Nov 1 06:39:28 PDT 2016

Can MapServer consume spatial data from an ArcGIS 10.3 enterprise geodatabase? We are using the default SDE.ST_GEOMETRY type, on Oracle. The MapServer docs indicate that any support for ESRI enterprise geodatabases is based on ArcSDE, which was abandoned by ESRI at version 10.3, in favor of direct connect (https://blogs.esri.com/esri/supportcenter/2015/02/11/where-is-the-install-for-arcsde-10-3/).

We will likely use OpenLayers for a new web-based mapping app, so MapServer seems like a natural choice (otherwise we will have to use ArcGIS Server).