[mapserver-users] arcgis 10.3 enterprise geodatabase

Fawcett, David (MNIT) David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Mon Nov 7 06:10:03 PST 2016

When you create your ‘feature class’ / table in the database using ESRI tools, you use the config option PG_GEOMETRY.  This uses PostGIS’s geometry type instead of ESRI’s.

With this setup, you can read and edit the data with ESRI products, and you can also access the features with straight PostGIS queries.  You can then just create a Mapserver layer with connectiontype of POSTGIS and point it at your database table.  http://www.mapserver.org/input/vector/postgis.html