[mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo layout in plain text

Jörg Thomsen (WhereGroup) joerg.thomsen at wheregroup.com
Thu Nov 10 02:49:49 PST 2016

Hi Yves,

text/plain is text/plain, no layout. The Mapserver-templates work with
html-format. Another way could be using the xml-output and styling it
with xslt. But you can enable the html-output using templates with
mapserver and it still will be possible to send text/plain requests.

Templating ist easy and powerful, so to answer your question: yes, read
the templating chapter. You'll find a short introduction in the old
tutorial: http://demo.mapserver.org/tutorial/section3.html (example 3.1)

Jörg

Am 10.11.2016 um 11:16 schrieb Yves Jacolin:
> Hello,
>
> I have to setup a text format for a WMS' GetFeatureInfo service. I would like
> to know if it is possible to change the layout using a template.
>
> My first test was not working so any feedback is welcome. The documentation
> said that the user should read the templating chapter so I guess this is
> possible.
>
> Any confirmation?
>
> Y.

Viele Grüße,