[mapserver-users] Symbols for railroad rendering in svg

TMa Teng TMa at edrnet.com
Fri Nov 18 12:22:03 PST 2016

Hi all,

I am working on a project to export the wms to SVG format, it is the from the requirement of the features to be in vector format. And I am facing trouble to use the render engine to render the railroad symbol as a brush line.

RailRoad Symbol I am using is as follow:

	CLASS
		NAME "MD_Railroad"

		STYLE
		   SYMBOL "line_solid"
		   SIZE 2
		   COLOR 0 0 0
		END
		STYLE
		   SYMBOL "tie"
		   SIZE 6
		   COLOR 0 0 0
		   GAP -10
		END
	END

It works as expect when the return image in raster format such as PNG, but when using SVG it shows error:

"msDrawLineSymbol(): Renderer error. renderer does not support brushed lines"

Does anyone have any suggestion about how to design a vector-enabled symbol for railways please? I am using MapServer 7.0, data is in SQL Server Spatial.

Best regards,

Teng