[mapserver-users] Using polygon fills with GAP

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Sep 15 02:12:30 PDT 2016

Hi,

It is not impossible but you need to think differently. You can make a symbol that contains two copies of your icon placed so that the desired offsets are baked in.  See http://www.mapserver.org/_images/polygon-symbol-fill.png and the attached grass symbol.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Tamas Szekeres wrote:

Hi,

We are trying to implement polygon fills with symbols where the X and Y offset between the symbols are different. But it seems impossible, since we can specify a single GAP setting (the same for both directions). I might also think to specify edge to edge fill by not specifying GAP, but that would invole the need of specifying the symbol (container) size in both directions, but that is not possible either.

Do we have further options to achieve the desired result? (ie. to arrange the symbol using different offsets vertically and horizontally).

Thanks,

Tamas