[mapserver-users] International Fonts - OSM Data

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 00:28:18 PDT 2017

Dave,
The Noto font aims at resolving this issue: https://www.google.com/get/noto/

Aside from that mapserver supports language specific fonts. This needs
documenting aside from what can be found in the RFC
http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-98.html (which has a typo, use
s/LABEL/FONT/)

FONT "arialuni,en:arial,ja:cjk,ar:arabic"

will use a specific font for a given language code. Collecting all the
fonts and mapping them to all the language codes for a worldwide osm db
will be a tiresome job...

cheers,
Thomas