[mapserver-users] Dynamic symbols

lars.schylberg at blixtmail.se lars.schylberg at blixtmail.se
Sat Dec 9 11:21:03 PST 2017

Hi,

I know three ways to do that, but I guess there must be more ways.

1) Pie charts and tables with:

http://mapserver.org/output/dynamic_charting.html

2) Construct graphics with Javascript support:

http://mapserver.org/mapfile/styleitem.html (http://mapserver.org/mapfile/styleitem.html)

This option requires that You compile the javascript support. That is a little hard to get to work. Had problems to complile V8 support myself last year.
I have seen nice examples in the past and this is on my personal TO DO list to try out, when I get some spare time.

3) Construct graphics with SQL. This is the way I have solved things myself. What I have done, is to construct circle sectors for instance with spatial sql expressions. I wrap GDAL sql expression with spatialite syntax in VRT files. These can then be used "on the fly" within mapserver or for preprossing of the data.
I could show some examples if any one is interested.

Actually I heard that someone was doing dynamic SVGs but I don't now the procedure for that.

/Lars Schylberg