[mapserver-users] Postgres call 2 GetCapabilities attribute listing.

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Jan 10 09:11:35 PST 2017

Hi Jeff,

PHP = Yucky!!

I was trying to go the route of all OGC calls.  The idea is to possibly expand on the options for configuring GeoMOOSE, where you would be able to configure a filtering process on a layer by layer basis.  I know I can make it all work by hardcoding things.  It’s just that the data is variable from the database (as it should be) and I wanted to be able to populate the distinct list upon query vs hardcoding it.

The SLD path might be the best “OGC” based approach, but it end up as a two stage query this way.  I’m still investigating things.  Maybe I should just hardcode for the first pass and try some different approaches after the fact.  Hmm, a thought, I could use a Template populated from a SQL call for the list, but it’s not OGC anymore . . .

I have many potential uses for this on a layer by layer basis.

Thanks for the response.

bobb