[mapserver-users] WMS T time series data support

Schepers, Benjamin schepers at rvr-online.de
Wed Jan 11 07:45:09 PST 2017

Hey,

hmmmm, debugging can be an awful thing…..

Always have a look at the logs (error, etc.).

I’d suppose, that mapserver can’t find the tiles.
A valid DIMENSION-Element in GetCapabilities could look like this:
<Dimension name="time" units="ISO8601" default="2016" nearestValue="0">2009/2016/P1Y</Dimension>    <-- in this case the dataset supports time from 2009-2016 in one-year-steps]

Are you really sure about the right relations on paths? See:
http://mapserver.org/optimization/tileindex.html#tileindex

I can’t see any “SHAPEPATH” (directory of index), which is referenced in MAP-section, see:
http://mapserver.org/mapfile/map.html [from mapserver-docs: … Normally the location should contain the path to the tile file relative to the shapepath, not relative to the tileindex itself. … ]

What also works for me is using absolute paths:
Please try the the absolute path to tileindex, e.g.:
TILEINDEX "/data/subfolder/index"

My index-file also contains absolute paths to tiff-files

<Is the TILEINDEX property in the map file the name of the shape file or the name of a PostGIS table?
Both (and still more) ways are possible, for example SpatiaLite-Layer (OGR-Connection), other layers from same mapfile…

Hope, it helps

Ben