[mapserver-users] MapCache resolution

Stefanos Anastasiou emperor_stef at yahoo.gr
Fri Jan 20 05:22:37 PST 2017

Hello list,   regarding the resolution element in mapcache.xml, according to the documentation it is a "is a list of resolutions for each of the zoom levels defined by the grid". I guess this means that it's up to define  the units-per-pixel in each service. Do we define these numbers arbitrarily? Is there some kind of a rule?   And another thing. I've tried the "disk" cache and the "sqlite" cache. In both cases my processor is struggling until caching the tiles for the first time. Is this normal ?   (I'm doing it in localhost)
Regards,Stefanos