[mapserver-users] PROCESSING : Connection to Postgis (defer or always)

Carlos Ruiz boolean10001 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 09:53:44 PST 2017

Milad,
You can use the directive PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER" when you have several PostGIS layers to be rendered to reduce the time because of opening the database connections. This means that once the database connection is established for the first time, it will be shared for all the layers which use the same connection string (same host, database, user and password). This takes less time consuming than opening and closing a database connection for each layer (PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=ALWAYS").
Cheers