[mapserver-users] Zoom to something and display in one shot from MapServer CGI.

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Jul 11 08:38:55 PDT 2017

On 7/11/2017 10:39 AM, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) wrote:
> All,
>
> It’s probably because it’s Tues. but I think I’ve asked this before in the past . . .
>
> I have a DB with PIN numbers for PARCELS and I want to be able to auto-zoom(with buffer)  to a PARCEL by just sending in a PIN number via CGI.
>
> can the BBOX be pulled from the DB based on the geom in one shot?  I’ve done this in the past with a Webservice that went and grabbed the BBOX separately, then assembled the url for getting the graphic back from Mapserver.

Bobb,

What are you trying to zoom? the image or the client?

If it is the client then how is mapserver on the server supposed to tell
the client it needs to zoom? You have to query the server to get the
bbox then make the client zoom appropriately.

For the image, assuming you want a static image showing the parcel, then
I would write a php/python/perl script the you pass the PIN to and it
does the work to figure out the extents and return the image.

-Steve W

---