[mapserver-users] Fwd: Zoom to something and display in one shot from MapServer CGI.

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Jul 11 11:06:32 PDT 2017

Bobb,

If you using sql you can do this in one pass, just write a trivial php
script that returns an image.

1. connect to db
2. sql to query expanded bbox of parcel
    select st_astext(st_extent(st_expand(geom, delta)))
      from parcels where pin=?
3. create url to mapserver based on bbox and image size
5. header('Content-type: image/png');
4. passthru(url);

Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be. You can do the same
using perl, python, script language of your choice.

-Steve