[mapserver-users] MapServer Installation on Mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Jun 14 14:57:20 PDT 2017

Look in the archives on my site.

But, I'd be careful, I never updated the installation to handle changes in the way OS X does its webserver configuration, and it may damage the webserver config files.

I don't have any recommendations about other OS X mapserver installations.  Maybe homebrew.  You'd have to figure out the webserver configuration.

> On Jun 14, 2017, at 1:16 PM, Samara Ebinger <samara.ebinger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Just curious if there are any other Mac users out there who have successfully installed MapServer recently or if anyone has any suggestions on how to successfully install it?
>
> I’m trying to install MapServer on my MacBook Pro (OS X El Capitan) but am having some problems.
> I used the KyngChaos site (link from MapServer website) to download MapServer 6.0.3-1. I installed the GDAL framework 2.1 which is available from that site. However, when I try to install MapServer, I get a message saying that GDAL 1.9 framework is needed which I can’t find anywhere.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Samara

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy