[mapserver-users] MapCache - How can some layers always be queried by the Mapserver?

Frank Lautenbach Frank.Lautenbach at heuboe.de
Mon Jun 26 06:41:30 PDT 2017

Hello everybody,

we are trying to switch from MapProxy (www.mapproxy.org<http://www.mapproxy.org>) to MapCache within our map applications.

We managed to start MapCache with a simple configuration. Caching works well with a good performance.  As far so good.

But we have to disable the caching for a few layers because they are very dynamic and have to be requested by Mapserver each time.
In MapProxy that is possible in the way that a layer source can be either a cache type or a servers end point.
Similary in MapCache it could be a Tileset without <cache></cache> or  a cache with type=none.

Does MapCache support such a requirement or does a known workaround exist?

Thanks in advance for any reply
Frank