[mapserver-users] Mapfile XML conversion

aimdev aimdev at mail.com
Sun Mar 12 08:52:19 PDT 2017

Hi

I am currently manually converting my mapfile into xml syntax for ease of maintenance.
I am having an issue in converting the following expressions

            <expression>{forest,wood}</expression>

            <expression>'residential'</expression>

which results in

    EXPRESSION "{forest,wood}"

    EXPRESSION "'residential'"

and the original working map file is

  EXPRESSION {forest,wood}

  EXPRESSION ‘residential'

The xml validates against the xsd/xsl, and the conversion line is

xsltproc mapfile.xsl layerset_9.xml > ../min-base/layerset_9.map

The documentation (7.0.4) states
List expressions (see rfc95) are a performant way to compare a string attribute to a list of multiple possible values.
Their behavior duplicates the existing regex or mapserver expressions, however they are significantly more performant.
To activate them enclose a comma separated list of values between {}, without adding quotes or extra spaces.

Any pointers to where I am going wrong would be helpful.

Thanks

Aimee