[mapserver-users] Why WCS 2.0.1 slice is not supported?

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon Nov 20 12:48:10 PST 2017

Hi Stephan,

Makes somewhat sense to the letter of the standard (though a layman may argue if there is difference between a number "1" and a range between "1" and "1"):
"A domain slice operation receives a dimension and a position (which must lie inside the coverage’s
domain) and delivers a coverage which is a slice of the offered coverage obtained at
the cutting position provided. The dimension of the result coverage is reduced by one as
compared to the original coverage."

 Also Rasdaman gives an error with
http://ows.rasdaman.org/rasdaman/ows?&SERVICE=WCS&VERSION=2.0.1&REQUEST=GetCoverage&COVERAGEID=BlueMarbleCov&SUBSET=Lat(0)&SUBSET=Long(0)&FORMAT=image/tiff
Error evaluating rasdaman query: 'SELECT encode(c[8999,4499], "tiff" , "{}") FROM BlueMarbleCov AS c'

Using GML or CSV as format does give a result
http://ows.rasdaman.org/rasdaman/ows?&SERVICE=WCS&VERSION=2.0.1&REQUEST=GetCoverage&COVERAGEID=BlueMarbleCov&SUBSET=Lat(0)&SUBSET=Long(0)&FORMAT=application/gml+xml

Should we say that Geoserver is doing it wrong? What if the data are of type "pixel is point"? Does Mapserver support an outputformat that supports slicing like GML or CSV in Rasdaman?

-Jukka Rahkonen-