[mapserver-users] Draw roads WITHOUT anti-aliasing

Erik H erik.h11.01 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 08:58:15 PDT 2017

I'm running a tiling server that uses MapServer 7.0.4 to generate PNGs.

My colleagues came up with an ingenious idea to animate traffic conditions
that would require them to identify road segments based on their color.
They asked me to generate tiles with a predetermined RGBA value per road
segment.

I configured a layer of type LINE, with a STYLE section containing 'COLOR
[palette]' (palette being a field in the database query). Initially, I
thought I was creating the images my colleagues needed, but it seems that
the anti-aliasing causes some pixels to have colors other than the one I
specified; this prevents us from identifying the road segments.

We can live without anti-aliasing, but I was unable to turn it off; I tried
both the AGG/PNG and GD/PNG drivers and messed with various FORMATOPTION
identifiers, but nothing seemed to make any difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.