[mapserver-users] php-mapscript installation in Linux

Stathis Arapostathis e.arapostathis at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 08:51:55 PDT 2017

Hello,

  I am running Apache2 server along with MapServer in an Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
However, while I am trying to load an application I am receiving an
error message which according to the log file is the following:

/"PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php/20131226/php_mapscript.so' -
/usr/lib/php/20131226/php_mapscript.so: cannot open shared"/

As I understand my application requires the php-mapscript package to be
installed, right?

Could anyone help on how could I install that package and make it
"recognizable" in Apache2 and MapServer?

PS: I had found a package in prior and installed it with the sudo gdebi
command (as it was a single .deb file and not in a repository) but it
seems that something is missing regarding the proper installation.

Thank you in advance

Stathis